Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty in Computer Science
Job no: 492820
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) invites applications for multiple tenure-track and tenured faculty positions in Computer Science at the Assistant Professor and Associate Professor levels. Preference will be given to applicants in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Privacy/Security.
The positions are open in both the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Information Science. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field by the time of appointment, as well as a record of high-quality scholarly activities. Applicants for senior positions are expected to have demonstrated exceptional leadership in large-scale, multidisciplinary research programs.
The College of Computing and Informatics is uniquely positioned as an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial research and education leader for the 21st century. With a commitment to expand the college and grow the faculty in key areas of strength, CCI seeks intellectually curious and rigorous candidates to engage in cutting-edge research and teaching. Successful applicants will be expected to establish strong sponsored research programs, teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, advise and mentor Ph.D. students, and engage in service to the college, the university, and the global academic community. Candidates must be able to work with individuals across disciplines both internal and external to the College.
- Establish/maintain strong sponsored research.
- Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Advise Ph.D. students.
- Service to the college and/or university.
- PhD in Computer Science or Related Field.
- Record of high-quality scholarly activities.
- Must be able to work with individuals across a spectrum of disciplines both internal and external to the College.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Applications should submit a PDF file that includes a cover letter, CV, list of references, and statements describing the applicant’s research program and teaching interests.
Evaluation of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis; however, applicants should apply by January 15, 2020, for full consideration.
- You may apply here for Computer Science or here for Information Science
- If both areas are relevant and of interest, please apply to the one you see as the best fit and include your preferences for consideration within your cover letter.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend