Proposal Development Manager, Research Development
Job no: 498357
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Office of the Provost
The Office of Research & Innovation is seeking to hire a Proposal Development Manager, who will be responsible for the development, coordination, planning and successful submission of business and technical proposals for government and non-government grants and contracts. The Proposal Development Manager is a highly trained individual, versed in best practices to meet needs of faculty to thoughtfully plan, prepare and produce competitive proposals. They will be responsible for strategy sessions, content planning, proposal timeline, internal/external reviews/color teams, document layout, graphics. Liaise with faculty and department administrators for budget, compliance, submission to funding sponsors.
- Establish a proposal production system and standards including logistics, quality control, communication, versioning, and archiving system and methodologies. Formulate and execute proposal plans by analyzing the solicitation, set and articulate clear expectations of proposal objectives, define and assign team member responsibilities, facilitate all proposal team communication, formulate and execute proposal production plan and document preparation and communication according to solicitation guidelines.
- Coordinate the extended team (PIs, staff, internal/external collaborators) responsible for writing and developing proposals to ensure timeliness and standards are met. Analyze proposal inputs from the team and works with proposal production staff and writers to ensure thorough and timely completion of all proposal components. Conduct a first read of each proposal and strives to resolve questions by either researching the appropriate knowledge bases or opening communication among team members who can resolve the question or issue.
- Provide comprehensive writing and editing expertise for proposals, procedure documents, progress reports, and position papers to ensure accuracy and quality of responses, e.g., edit content of entire document, write executive summaries, and responses to specific proposal questions. Consult and coach the team members during the proposal process, track issue resolutions, clarify sponsor requirements, and identify and resolve logistical issues.
- Keep communication open between all team members, inform all proposal team members of conference calls, meetings and deadlines. Analyze issues/problems that occurred during a proposal project and applies lessons learned to the next proposal. Create and maintain a database of templates and boilerplate materials and an archive of past proposals. Recruit and manage editorial/production assistants and additional workers assigned to proposal development.
- Work closely with Research Intelligence Analyst to research, monitor and track potential opportunities. Use intelligence data to inform, communicate, and help guide leadership to move forward with go/no-go decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, or related fields
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experienced federal grant writer
- Experience in pre-proposal and proposal development activities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in business development
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City, Philadelphia, PA; Eligible for flexible work arrangement - remote and hybrid
This position is classified as EXEMPT with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend