Assistant Teaching Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics
Job no: 498570
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel University - College of Engineering:
Since its founding in the midst of the industrial revolution in 1891, Drexel University has emphasized its strengths in engineering, science and technology to train men and women to become leaders. In little over a century, Drexel University has transformed itself into a large, comprehensive institution committed to excellence in education, research and service to the engineering society and to the broader community. Although much has changed, the original mission of the university still rings true today. To learn more about each of the divisions and programs offered, visit: http://drexel.edu/engineering/
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics:
MEM has 26 faculty members, 23 of whom are tenured/tenure track. The Department has well-regarded, traditional programs in mechanics, thermal fluid sciences, systems and controls, and manufacturing which are complemented by advanced energy technologies, tissue engineering, biomechanics, bio-inspired robotics, microfluidics, and plasma science. Drexel University has a state-of-the-art computing facility (https://drexel.edu/research/urcf/) that is being updated in 2020 using a National Science Foundation Major Research. Instrumentation grant and university capital investment. MEM offers an ABET-accredited B.S. programs in Mechanical Engineering. At the graduate level, the Department offers M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics and recently launched an M.S. program in Robotics, and the nation’s first M.S. in Peace Engineering. The Department currently serves a population of approximately1,100 undergraduate and graduate students. Additional information on MEM can be found at:
The College of Engineering at Drexel University invites applicants with a strong background in Mechanical Engineering for appointment as full-time non-tenure track Assistant Teaching Professor within the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics.
- The Assistant Teaching Professor will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in systems, robotics and controls, and autonomy; engage in scholarly research; engage in service activities including serving on various Department, College and University Committees, industry and community outreach and supporting student activities
- Ph.D, or Doctorate, or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Teaching Experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, academic experience and a proven record of effective teaching and professional service
- Demonstrated record of, or commitment to scholarly achievement and excellence including evidence of excellence in teaching, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interest in a highly collaborative faculty environment
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
University City- Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend