Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions
Job no: 498788
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Enrollment Management and Student Success
The Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the overall successful operation, training and monitoring of undergraduate admissions recruitment, selection and yield processes. Key responsibilities include coordinating with departmental leadership to implement student enrollment strategies and manage resources in order to meet performance expectations. The Associate Director will provide leadership in the execution of the business plan, the control of the expenses and other managerial functions, as needed. They will ensure that the philosophy and values of Drexel University are clearly communicated to potential students while demonstrating deep academic program knowledge. The Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions provides leadership and mentorship to his/her teammates, assists in the execution of the strategic plan, the control of the expenses and other managerial functions, as needed and drives to help his/her team achieve the University’s quantitative and qualitative goals while exhibiting professionalism, compliance and ethics, accuracy and passion for higher education. This position requires moderate travel (up to 5 weeks of travel in the Fall and 2-3 weeks in the Spring), as well as working evening and weekend hours as assigned.
- Develops, directs and leads the coordination of student enrollment activities.
- Ensures that objectives, plans, budgets, policies, practices and actions are consistent with University policies.
- Participates in the development and execution of both short-term and long-term student recruitment strategy to ensure the objectives are met, and is responsible for implementing approved programs.
- Ensures quality hires and manages compensation and performance management programs.
- Recruits and hires new staff, which includes interviewing prospects.
- Delegates responsibilities to teammates.
- Carries out management responsibilities which include the following: planning, assigning and directing work of subordinates; appraising their performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrates Drexel University values in the completion of all job assignments.
- Work with campus partners to manage and execute the communications and marketing strategies of the undergraduate admissions team.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities.
- Assist in creating and maintaining the admissions operations manual. Responsible for the completed product.
- Develops and reviews weekly reports to ensure progress against goals and staff performance metrics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Ability to travel up to 5 weeks during Fall recruitment and up to 3-4 weeks during Spring recruitment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous admissions experience.
- Management experience.
- Working knowledge of the Slate CRM.
- Keen mind with a strong work ethic; has high energy and is committed team player with excellent leadership capabilities.
- Ability to train and develop team members.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Capacity to be a self-starter.
- Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others; self-motivating work style.
- Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a thorough and demonstrable level of knowledge of school programs, with a demonstrated ability to match a prospective student’s needs to the correct program fit.
- Skilled in both oral and written communication in order to be able to make presentations to members of the management team.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Great problem solving and process improvement abilities.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines working with team members outside of Admissions.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend