Project Manager—Drexel AmeriCorps Program
Job no: 499109
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Office of the Provost
The Project Manager (PM) is a critical member of the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement and the Office of University and Community Partnerships team. The position reports to the Executive Director of the Lindy Center. The PM will manage the Drexel University AmeriCorps Member Program. This exciting new program will introduce 40 Drexel undergraduates to national service annually as they serve as AmeriCorps Members in nonprofit adult education and workforce development organizations across the city. The Project Manager will coach their Members through a journey of learning, reflection, and service to build civic capacity, civic identity, and leadership skills. The Program Manager will oversee recruitment, manage grant compliance and reporting, conduct site visits to nonprofit host sites, meet regularly with members and host site supervisors, run member and site supervisor orientations, and work with the project team. The Project Manager will work closely with the Steinbright Career Development Center staff and other offices on campus to ensure that the program is integrated into the University.
The Lindy Center for Civic Engagement exists to fulfill Drexel University’s vision as a comprehensive, progressive university with a deep commitment to civic engagement. The Lindy Center for Civic Engagement fosters a culture of civic responsibility by providing programs and resources that empower Drexel students and the broader university community to expand their civic identities through engagement in mutually-beneficial partnerships that lead to a more just society.
Program Administration and Logistics:
- Manage outreach, recruitment and selection for AmeriCorps Members for each six-month cohort.
- Plan annual calendar of programmatic events, trainings, tasks, and deadlines.
- Produce and manage programmatic communications.
- Manage AmeriCorps Member performance measurement systems and reporting.
- Review AmeriCorps Member service plans for AmeriCorps compliance.
- Plan and manage logistics for full-cohort service projects and trainings including remote and in-person events.
- Manage program evaluation and assessment.
- Manage with AmeriCorps Member onboarding and exiting administration.
- Update member handbook, policies and agreements as needed.
- Assist with AmeriCorps program audits.
- Manage AmeriCorps Member gear sourcing and distribution systems.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Service Site Partnerships:
- Maintain productive and collaborative relationships with Service Site Supervisors (adult education and workforce nonprofits).
- Plan and facilitate AmeriCorps program orientation and systems training for Service Site Supervisors.
- Monitor service site compliance with AmeriCorps regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication with site supervisors to ensure clear understanding of the Drexel AmeriCorps program model in support of successful implementation.
- Develop and provide resources for Site Supervisors that sustain their effective support of AmeriCorps Member’s experience.
- Provide productive and timely response to requests for support from Site Supervisors.
- Facilitate win-win conflict resolution between AmeriCorps Members and Site Supervisors.
Member Service Experience:
- Facilitate AmeriCorps program orientation and training for AmeriCorps Members.
- Plan and manage peer-to-peer and eventually alumni-led Member learning and support experiences.
- Plan and facilitate AmeriCorps Member Recognition Ceremony bi-annually.
- Supervise up to four full-cohort service projects annually including booking venues, housing, travel, food, etc.
- Plan and manage opportunities for AmeriCorps Members to attend professional conferences (MLCC, RILWC, UFC, etc.) in exchange for volunteer service.
- Conduct bi-annual site visits to facilitate productive mid-year evaluations between Site Supervisors and AmeriCorps Members.
- Conduct cohort meetings and check-in calls with AmeriCorps Members to monitor compliance and progress on service plans, assess supervisor engagement, and advise on benefit and support services utilization.
- Facilitate win-win conflict resolution between AmeriCorps Members and Site Supervisors
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- Experience serving in a National Service program with a preference for AmeriCorps.
- Experience supervising AmeriCorps Members or other national service program positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with a nonprofit organization, with volunteer management.
- Previous experience managing national service grants or programs.
- Ability to build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Proven ability to cultivate trust and credibility with colleagues and to build positive and effective relationships.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and skills for working with issues of power, privilege, identity, racial equity, and cultural humility.
- Advanced skills in written communications, public speaking, and group facilitation, including ability to communicate effectively with culturally, racially, and socioeconomically diverse constituencies, including non-academic audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with a team.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to engage, lead and motivate students.
- Ability to organize and direct multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to identify, develop, implement and evaluate new student-related programs.
- Ability to bend, crouch, stoop.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend