Director, Digital Marketing Institutional Advancement
Job no: 492506
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Institutional Advancement, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Digital Marketing is a vital member of the Advancement Marketing & Communications team. He/she is responsible for creating and implementing digital communications strategies that facilitate positive alumni and donor engagement with Drexel, and align with the current $750 million comprehensive campaign. This position is strongly focused on the strategic and operational components of the giving and alumni websites, digital marketing activities, social media strategy and presence, emails campaigns, and event registration. The Director will collaborate closely with teammates, colleagues in Institutional Advancement, and partners University-wide to plan and execute innovative, multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive results.
- Drive strategy development, planning, execution, and project management of digital engagement efforts and division-wide initiatives.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and coordinate content plans with IA partners, alumni volunteers, and unit-based colleagues. Serve as IA’s social media liaison to the rest of the Drexel campus community.
- Provide strategic marketing insight across websites, including information architecture, user experience, design, content management, SEO, and analytics.
- Serve as the marketing lead on Advancement's email marketing and event software platform, overseeing the creation of event registration and giving pages and collaborating with peers as part of an division-wide task force.
- Oversee scheduling, building, approvals, QA, and deployment of all email to alumni and donors, ensuring accuracy and multi-departmental coordination.
- Monitor live sites, ensuring they are properly displayed, have a positive user experience across devices, and have correct tracking. Recommend enhancements to improve engagement.
- Establish and track analytics to report on the use and effectiveness of digital activity, providing ongoing recommendations for optimization of tactics and content.
- Share the University’s stories using our websites, social media, e-newsletters, and other digital mediums to help foster connectivity with constituents.
- Maintain comprehensive calendar of all Advancement email and social activity, working with partners to coordinate timing, audiences and quality/compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-10 years
- Demonstrable leadership experience and management skills, including complete supervision of multiple direct reports.
- Extensive experience and success creating integrated, digital marketing strategies and collaborating with teammates and partners on executions that include email, social media, websites, and video.
- Expertise applying data-driven user experience and user interface principles.
- Demonstrable creative thinking, with the ability to see the ‘big picture’, aligning personal vision with institutional priorities and Advancement functions/operations.
- Sharp analytical skills and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Advanced use and/or understanding of HTML coding, website development, and digital communication tools. (e.g., email QA, reporting, Google Adwords, Google tag manager)
- Knowledge of iModules and Sitecore—or similar constituent and content management systems.
- Experience with marketing list management and audience segmentation/data manipulation.
- Familiarity with a range of digital advertising strategies and operations.
- Advanced project management skills and familiarity with software.
- High attention to detail, with strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Self-motivated, with a desire for high quality work and willingness to improve.
- Positive attitude with exceptional communication and relationship management skills.
- Familiarity with higher education communications supporting fundraising and alumni engagement is preferred.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin on immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend