Director of Development, College of Medicine
Job no: 492622
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: Institutional Advancement, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Development will facilitate lifelong engagement among donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students of the College of Medicine. The primary function of this position is to meet face-to-face with alumni, parents and friends to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit or steward the relationship with the ultimate goal of generating philanthropic support with gifts of $25,000 or more. This individual will be a member of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Medicine) Unit. The Director of Development will also work closely with the Dean of the College of Medicine. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains an active schedule of face-to-face meetings with major gift suspects and prospects, averaging 12-15 meetings per month. Stewards donors through ongoing communications, recognition activities, invitations to key events, and interaction with beneficiaries of their support. Coordinates such activities with the central Donor Relations function as needed.
- Actively works to secure major gifts of $25,000 or more by pursuing the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of private support from individuals to the College of Medicine. Builds and manages a pool of approximately 150 prospects capable of making commitments of a minimum of $25,000 in a regional model.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Vice President, College of Medicine and Health Sciences to consult on College development publications and communication materials, and other College communication vehicles as appropriate. Develop and deepen connections with faculty working on initiatives across College of Medicine. Assists the Assistant Vice President, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Institutional Advancement senior management, and Dean in the analysis, formation, and implementation of fundraising plans, policies and procedures as they pertain to the College’s development program.
- Collaborates with the Senior Associate Vice President of Planned Giving, paying special attention to opportunities to secure new planned gifts and steward members of the Drexel University Legacy Society. Attend internal and external planned giving seminars as appropriate and share knowledge with colleagues in College of Medicine as needed. Manage key prospect territories where planned gifts are most likely.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in major gift fundraising, preferably higher education
- Valid drivers license required
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively required
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required
- Advanced degree is a plus
- Knowledge of prospect management systems
- Knowledge of database fundraising software CS Advance
- Web fundraising experience
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000+ required.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin on September 18 and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend