Job no: 492739
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
A full-time research assistant position is available in the Barker Laboratory at the Drexel University College of Medicine, in the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology. The Barker Lab combines traditional and cutting-edge techniques to investigate the neural circuits that mediate cognitive control and behavioral flexibility in animal models of neuropsychiatric illnesses, including addiction.
We seek to hire a research assistant with experience in MATLAB or R and a general understanding of engineering and electrophysiology. Applicants must be comfortable working with mice and have an interest in investigating the neurocircuitry of neuropsychiatric illnesses using in vivo electrophysiology, chemogenetics, and optogenetics.
- Generate analysis code in collaboration with lab members
- Collect and analyze photometric and electrophysiological data
- Basic wetlab work
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicant is expected to work with as a team to analyze photometric and electrophysiological data, and to generate analysis code in collaboration with lab members and Dr. Barker.
- Desired skills include MATLAB coding, experience with in vivo electrophysiology. Candidates should be highly motivated scientists with strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Desired skills include MATLAB coding, experience with in vivo electrophysiology. Candidates should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently. Bachelor’s degree required. No additional work experience necessary.
This position is classified as Non- Exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
Please contact Jacqueline Barker, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information. Visit http://drexel.edu/medicine/faculty/profiles/jacqueline-barker/ to learn more about our lab and the department.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend