Enrollment Counselor, Military Affiliated/ Veterans
Job no: 492858
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Drexel University Online, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University Online is seeking military enrollment counselors, for its Philadelphia based operations, to join an innovative team dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to prospective students interested in attending a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. Enrollment Counselors assist prospective students as they begin their academic journey at Drexel University and provide continuous support along the way. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate with veteran and active duty prospective and current students in regards to admissibility and program requirements, online learning, effective use of armed service benefits, and successful degree completion. By providing timely, comprehensive and personalized service, enrollment counselors ensure a world-class experience for online students.
- Serving as the direct point of contact for veterans, active duty service members, and their immediate family members as they navigate through the application and enrollment process for online programs at Drexel University;
- Initiating and responding to a high volume of inbound and outbound inquiries from a diverse pool of prospective and current students
- Communicate with prospective and current students via telephone, email and in-person to assist them in making informed decisions by providing timely and accurate information;
- Supporting military events and other recruitment activities in the field as needed;
- Providing guidance on how to effectively utilize armed services educational benefits at Drexel;
- Provide courteous service to prospective and current students inquiring about the university, its academic programs, admissions requirements, policies, payment options and procedures;
- Ensure a positive customer experience by being available, courteous, knowledgeable and responsive to new student needs and wants;
- Scheduling and meeting with prospective students in order to provide a comprehensive overview of the Drexel value proposition and the benefits of a world-class education;
- Developing relationships with prospective and current students by utilizing the CRM to record all interactions and customizing condition-based outreach;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Previous military experience required
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume/high interaction environment
- Self-motivated, organized; Preferred experience: previous advising/higher education
- Customer relationship management (CRM), service center environment
- Previous experience with student recruitment and/or outreach a plus
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of H. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend