Job no: 492894
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Engineering, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Drexel University invites applications for a tenure-track/tenured position at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, effective as early as September 1, 2020.
The search is open to candidates specializing in any area of chemical and biological engineering. The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a related field, demonstrated excellence in academic research, and a strong commitment to teaching and advising undergraduate and graduate students.
We seek candidates that will contribute, through high quality research and teaching, to improve our department's national standing and visibility. Our department boasts a total of fourteen faculty members that are currently active in research in four principal areas: Polymer Science and Engineering, Multiscale Modeling and Process Systems Engineering, Energy and the Environment, and Biological Engineering.
- Create or continue an independent research program, and effectively teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated excellence in academic research
- A strong commitment to teaching and advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- A specialized interest and experience in the area of chemical and biological engineering.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
When submitting your application, please be sure to upload each of the following documents required for consideration:
- CV/resume detailing educational background, research accomplishments, and work experience.
- Cover letter.
- A research plan.
- A teaching and service plan.
- The names of at least 4 professional references.
- A statement on fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend