Sr Director, Marketing & Comm
Job no: 492970
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Engineering, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Engineering (CoE) has a strong tradition of educating industry-ready engineers who are prepared to solve the critical challenges of the future. The College seeks a motivated, creative individual to provide leadership to its marketing and communications initiatives to strengthen CoE visibility and enhance its reputation.
Under the limited direction of the CoE Assistant Dean, the Senior Director oversees the internal and external communications strategy for the College and project delivery supporting the Dean’s office and reporting units. Working closely with Dean’s office leadership, department heads, faculty and staff across the College, the Senior Director will play a critical role in driving integrated marketing communications to showcase CoE research, academic and community outreach activities and achievements to regional, national and international audiences.
The Senior Director is responsible for oversight and production of communications pieces and strategies for print and digital media, projecting a favorable image of the College to its stakeholders and the media, and for advocating on behalf of CoE and its mission. The Senior Director will work collaboratively with the College’s undergraduate and graduate recruitment team to develop and implement effective, focused and sustainable marketing strategies to attract high-quality students from diverse backgrounds.
- Direct and oversee marketing and communications activities for CoE, focusing on developing, implementing and maintaining creative and consistent content across print, digital, and visual media to advance the College’s identity and maximize brand recognition.
- Create and implement initiatives that strengthen CoE visibility and reputation among internal and external key stakeholders, serving as consultant, collaborator and editor for specific program communications across the College.
- Supervise the CoE communications team of permanent full-time staff and part-time student employees, and lead internal collaborative efforts among department-level staff who hold communications-related responsibilities to ensure quality, consistency and appropriateness in marketing and communications efforts across the College.
- Establish and manage an operating budget and calendar for marketing and communications activities, including market research and analysis in coordination of college-wide vendor partnerships, media buys, advertising and relevant activities.
- Ensure effective use of resources for meaningful impact on College goals related to recruitment and retention of students and faculty, coordinating closely with Dean’s office undergraduate and graduate recruitment staff.
- Serve as CoE liaison to University Communications, Enrollment Management and Student Success, IT and other internal offices to integrate media strategies and align activities with University-wide branding, marketing and communications initiatives.
- Identify and monitor metrics regarding internal and external advertising, direct and online marketing, branding, printed materials, and public relations activities in support of CoE mission, vision and strategic goals.
- Execute strategic social media growth plan and actively seek out the best opportunities for promoting CoE to desired audiences in the digital space.
- Leverage knowledge and understanding of changing demographics to drive how CoE will differentiate itself in outreach to recruit and retain diverse students and faculty.
- Contribute guidance to CoE community outreach, upholding the College’s brand and reputation in the region, as well as manage special projects, events and programs.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, public relations and/or communications fields
- 7 years of progressive leadership experience
- Exceptional knowledge of the latest digital and integrated marketing tools with significant experience in managing external media and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated skills in engaging with constituencies across multiple channels and familiarity with traditional and emerging media platforms.
- Communication fields preferably in a research-oriented institution of higher education.Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrated strong creative skills with excellent graphic and design sense.
- Proven ability to design and implement new initiatives, including experience in project management and applying innovative, long-term thinking.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and glean actionable insights.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting exceptional judgment, strong leadership and management skills, and collaborative work style.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and manage multiple and competing priorities to ensure production of high-quality work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend