Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Arts and Sciences at Drexel University is seeking an individual with strong administrative and personnel skills to assist in the administrative management of the College. The Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Assistant to the Dean and supports the Associate Deans, Tenure and Review processes, Departmental Reviews, assists with space and facilities, and assists with Human Resources processes. The Administrative Coordinator will have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills handling office duties and optimizing office operations. We seek an experienced and professional individual who is highly organized, can work independently, is a good problem solver, and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
Answer and direct telephone calls. Manage the College’s general email inbox and conference room calendar. Greet and direct visitors to the office. Perform general administrative, clerical, and executive support tasks. Maintain smooth office operations including daily mail sorting and distribution, prepare outgoing mail for pickup; managing documentation and files. Create reports, prepare presentations, type correspondence and emails.
Coordinate the Tenure and Promotion faculty process relating to faculty promotions. Coordinate Departmental Review Committees. Draft correspondence in general and relating to faculty appointment, reappointment and promotion.
Assists with Human Resource processes such as hiring and separations, data gathering, ensuring compliance with HR business practices, etc. Hire work-study students for Dean’s office listings. Hire work-study students for Dean’s office listings. Assists with Facility and Space - acts as liaison between department and facilities personnel, providing access when repairs are needed.
Submit maintenance requests and follow up on the status of maintenance projects. Maintain inventory of office supplies; purchasing supplies and make sure office equipment is running effectively. Organize venue, food and refreshment for events. Assist in other miscellaneous duties as requested from the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration.
Other duties as assigned
HS Diploma or GED. At least 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with higher education/medical education, academic medicine, or related field
- Experience with Hyperion and Banner
Other Requirements (eg: Licenses, Certifications, Systems Knowledge, etc.):
- Ability to manage and systematize processes to ensure timely disposition while meeting multiple deadlines and responding to informational requests.
- Exceptional professional judgment with significant responsibility for ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and/or related experience.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, spreadsheet and database knowledge or similar systems, with ability to learn University-specific systems (HR systems, survey tools, calendar and meeting scheduling).
- This position requires the ability to switch gears depending on processing and/or project deadlines and remains flexible in order to adapt to changing priorities. Must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Sitting at a desk/table. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of H. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.