Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor - Decision Sciences
Job no: 494142
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: LeBow College of Business, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Decision Sciences and MIS in the LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, seeks applications for a clinical faculty position at the Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor level in the area of MIS, with an emphasis on databases and cloud computing for the academic year 2019- 20. Drexel University was ranked the third most up-and-coming university for making the most promising and innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty, and student life by the U.S. News & World Report. The university has launched many innovative university-wide research initiatives involving the LeBow College in areas such as organizational neuroscience, sustainability, and energy.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate for this full-time, 1-2 year, non-tenure track appointment will be assigned a minimum teaching load equivalent to 32- 36 quarter credits of course instruction, distributed across the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. While focusing primarily on teaching, a scholarly research record is a plus.
- PhD or ABD from an AACSB institution in MIS. (ABD's may be considered with the expectation of completion of PhD within one year).
- Highly proficient pedagogical skills for adult populations
- Experience with and commitment to working with diverse student populations and commitment to equity in education at all levels.
- Experience and/or commitment to the use of technology as an instructional tool.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong collegial and collaborative skills.
- Experience and expertise in on-line learning.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend