Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Regional Vice Dean for the Drexel-Tower campus is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the educational program leading to the MD degree at the DUCOM-Tower campus, ensuring that the MD program objectives are met and that a coherent and coordinated educational program is delivered, with the ultimate goal of equipping students for future practice.
This position will be appointed at the rank of Associate or Full Professor commensurate with experience and accomplishments and is an 80% administrative, 20% clinical position.
The key responsibilities of the Regional Associate Dean, Drexel-Tower campus are:
• Provide oversight for all aspects of administration and operation of the MD program at the DUCOM-Tower campus, serving as a primary advocate and spokesperson for the campus;
• Provide leadership for faculty and Dean’s office administrators at the Tower campus
• Oversee and administer an effective student environment, curriculum and experience that is comparable across DUCOM campuses;
• Interpret and implement DUCOM policy at the local campus level;
• Develop and manage resources essential to the achievement of campus objectives and goals;
• Ensure that basic science and clinical components of the curriculum are integrated, coordinated and assessed;
• Ensure, through the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, the development and maintenance of a positive campus environment for students;
• Serve as a visible resource for student success, including being available to meet and interact with students;
• Participate in the recruitment and mentoring of a cadre of outstanding faculty in medical education; connecting faculty with resources throughout the medical campus and university;
• Lead and participate in various Drexel committees, including Curriculum and Admissions (ex-officio);
• Participate in maintenance of accreditation standards and monitor compliance;
• Represent the Drexel-Tower campus educational mission to Tower and Drexel stakeholders;
• Serve on appropriate Drexel-Tower managing committees as requested.
- At least five years’ experience in a medical education setting; including successful performance in a demonstrated leadership role, strongly prefer prior experience working in undergraduate medical education
- Experience with accreditation and knowledge of trends in medical education
- Demonstrated success in working well with faculty, administrators and students in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of education pedagogy, assessment, and latest trends in medical education.
- Experience in medical education curriculum development and administration.
- Familiarity with LCME accreditation standards and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Passion for and commitment to medical student education.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.