Assistant Teaching Professor, Cinema and Television
Job no: 494147
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Graduate Program in Television & Media Management at Drexel University seeks applicants for a full-time, contract faculty position with expectations for inspiring teaching, meaningful participation in university service, and contemporary industry expertise. We are seeking candidates with a track record of accomplishment in the television industry. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to a rigorous and innovative academic program that addresses the many technological and market changes impacting the television industry and that prepares graduates for successful outcomes in a wide range of employment opportunities. The position commences in September 2020. Review of applications will begin in November 2019 and continue until filled.
The Graduate Program in Television & Media Management offers two graduate degrees: the MS in Television & Media Management and a dual MS/MBA. The curriculum provides a solid grounding in business management and specializes in the management of television and evolving media hybrids. Students receive hands-on management experience through internships at commercial television stations, networks, MVPDs, and at media and production companies. The program combines academic experience in courses such as Audience Measurement, TV Programming, Media Law, Media Sales, Money and the Media, Emerging TV Technology and Media Ethics along with internships. For details visit the program's website: https://drexel.edu/westphal/graduate/TVMN/.
The Paul F. Harron Graduate Program in Television Management enjoys a fifteen-year record of achievement. It draws students, including Fulbright Scholars, from around the world and across the US and its alumni hold important management positions in media companies in the US and abroad.
- Teach a selection of courses as assigned primarily on campus.
- Work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Mentor students in industry networking and careers and assist students with connections in the field.
- Advise students on thesis or capstone projects.
- Assist with program marketing and recruitment.
- Participate in program and curriculum assessment and development.
- Serve on committees for the college or university.
- Other service activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Television Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will have management/leadership experience (5-10 years) in the television industry, college-level teaching experience (guest lecturing, adjunct or full-time) and an MS, MA or MBA in a related field. The successful candidate will be an individual with comprehensive industry knowledge and extensive contacts. He or she will have the ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment while teaching courses primarily on campus. The position will also include mentoring students in industry networking, advising students on thesis or capstone projects and assisting with program marketing and recruitment.
- This is an opportunity for an accomplished television and media industry professional, preferably with college-level teaching experience, to share his or her passion for the field with highly motivated faculty and students. We are seeking someone with knowledge of the systems and segments of the television industry, including, but not limited to any of the following areas: media sales and revenue generation, law and regulation, audience analytics, media planning, programming and multiple distribution platforms (OTA, OTT/streaming, social, MVPDs).
- MS, MA or MBA in a related field.
- College-level teaching experience (guest lecturing, adjunct or full-time).
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin on December 16, 2019 and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend