Assistant Director of Development, College of Engineering (COE), College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) , School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health System (BIOMED)
Job no: 494157
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Institutional Advancement, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for building a pipeline of prospects and donors to the College of Engineering (COE), College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) and School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems (BIOMED) through 1:1 meetings, special events, programming, and volunteer leadership. The primary function of this position is to meet face-to-face with alumni, parents and friends to qualify, cultivate, solicit or steward the relationship. This position will facilitate lifelong engagement among donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students of the college. The individual will also be responsible for attending multiple alumni events to identify new prospects for COE, CCI and BIOMED.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Vice President on creating an operating plan that outlines fundraising goals and strategies for the fiscal year.
- Maintain a schedule of fifteen (15) face to face meetings per month with prospects and donors in a variety of regions and territories as assigned throughout the U.S. Solicit alumni on each visit for an annual fund gift of $2,500 or more.
- Maintain a detailed call report for each prospect visit regarding their affinity and ability to give to the Colleges/School.
- Identify and qualify major gifts prospects that can give $25,000 or more in the next campaign, helping to grow and feed the donor pipeline.
- Assist with annual fund appeals and operational fundraising, including leading Day of Giving strategy for the COE/CCI/BIOMED Unit in conjunction with the Drexel Fund.
- Provide support to the Assistant Vice President, with annual development calendar, generating development activity report and maintaining comprehensive tracking for stewardship reporting.
- In coordination with unit leadership, identify key volunteers and constituencies to help establish Alumni events.
- Coordinate between the Colleges/School and the Office of Alumni Relations and Drexel Fund to foster activities and philanthropic support that contribute to growth and sustainability.
- Support the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Dean's Offices in implementing numerous alumni events throughout the fiscal year, including Alumni Weekend.
- Work in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, Institutional Advancement and the Colleges/School Communication teams to disseminate information and appropriately publicize accomplishments of alumni.
- Promote University priorities and image to constituents. Serve as front line staff to promote campus goals and objectives. Maintain current knowledge of university-wide institutional priorities.
- Adhere to performance goals and standards for development officers as specified under Office of Institutional Advancement guidelines. Any changes during employment to these guidelines will be disseminated in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of experience of demonstrated success in fundraising and/or alumni relations outreach in a higher education development program or comparable experience
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent administrative skills required
- Valid Driver's License
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend