Teaching Professor in Fashion Design
Job no: 494196
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Drexel University, Faculty
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Fashion Design programs in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design at Drexel University seek qualified applicants for a mid-career full-time tenure track, tenured, or contract associate or full teaching professor, beginning September 2020. Rank will be determined based on prior academic and industry experience.
We are seeking forward-thinking candidates with a national reputation of creative innovation and recognized fashion leadership. The qualified candidate will have active industry connections and a proven track record of successes either in creative work or research. We hope to identify a passionate and committed team player who will take an interest in contributing to the continuing evolution of our curricula and initiatives in order to best serve our students and the field in this highly dynamic industry.
The ideal candidate will know how to use design skills to solve mission-critical problems and understand the role of craft in sustainable design. A plus includes skills in emerging design technologies, circular economies, knit technologies and materials research.
- Teaching classes in undergraduate and graduate fashion design.
- Student advising and mentorship.
- Curriculum development.
- Enrollment management and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Fashion Design, Integrated Design, Textile Design, or Sustainable Design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- A terminal degree or equivalent experience in fashion design, integrated design, textile design, or sustainable design.
- Teaching experience at university level and well-developed creative work or research.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in research and development in the apparel/soft goods industry.
- Active interest in circular/responsible design and materials combined with a strong knowledge of the global fashion industry.
- Strong team player and interest in collaboration across the college, university and industry.
- Strong connections for university-industry partnerships.
- Knowledge of apparel software.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
To apply for this position, please apply online at https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/listing/ and search for Assistant/Associate Professor, Fashion Design.
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
- Research/Teaching interests (no more than two pages)
- PDF with 20 images of research/creative work
- PDF with 20 images of recent student’s work
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend