Job no: 494203
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Drexel University, Faculty
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Drexel University Department of Cinema & Television in The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design in Philadelphia is looking for an accomplished television professional, who is ready to pass on their accumulated knowledge to our eager, talented, and ambitious students.
We are offering a full-time, tenure-track position with expectations for inspiring teaching, meaningful participation in University service, and continued, demonstrable high-level accomplishment in creative endeavors or scholarship. Teaching experience and an advanced degree are desirable but not required. We are looking for candidates who aspire to join our faculty, a community of working professionals, to share their professional expertise with our students. We are equally interested in your motivation to maintain an ambitious agenda for creative work as a director, producer or writer-producer within episodic fiction or non-fiction that achieves success as judged by your peers. Ideal candidates will exhibit a mastery of the current industry that includes an understanding of production and distribution streaming models.
Cinema & Television is one of seven departments in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, working closely with the Departments of Digital Media, Performing Arts, and Arts & Entertainment Enterprise. The Film & Television Production program within the department attracts national and international students who not only desire to have a professional career, but also understand that in order to do so they must be multi-skilled, collaborative story-tellers.
Westphal College offers seventeen accredited undergraduate programs, as well as seven graduate programs, many of which are in the top-ten in national rankings. Our innovative instructional approach emphasizes learning in small studio and production courses under the tutelage of one hundred and thirty full-time faculty who are noted artists, media producers, scholars, researchers, and industry professionals. The Westphal College has more than two thousand students and is one of the largest of Drexel’s fourteen schools and colleges. Drexel is located in the heart of Philadelphia, a world heritage city that nurtures the arts and is the fourth largest television market in the country.
- Teach a selection of courses as assigned, primarily on campus
- Engage in creative activities within the industry
- Serve on committees for the college or university
- Participate in program and curriculum assessment and development
- Mentor students in industry networking and careers and assist students with connections in the field
- Other service activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Ideal candidates are cinema and television professionals with a minimum of ten years’ experience in high-level creative decision-making and producing, a working knowledge of screenwriting, production, and post-production, and an interest in administration and leadership.
- Ideal candidates should exhibit a mastery of the current industry and be able to articulate a vision that integrates the disparate demands of episodic television for broadcast, cable and streaming services, and mainstream theatrical production.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
- Applicants must include a letter of application including an e-mail address, curriculum vitae; and the names, titles addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
Review of applicants will continue on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate pool is identified. The position begins September 1, 2020.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend