Clinical Associate II
Job no: 494270
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Clinical Associate position will support ongoing research and clinical evaluations as well as treatment.
- Strong applicants will have experience conducting evaluations with young children with development delays and autism, and behavior analytic training or experience applying behavioral intervention approaches with children with autism and developmental delays.
- The successful applicant will have experience or familiarity with administering and interpreting an array of assessments across multiple domains, including measures of cognitive ability, adaptive behavior, social-emotional behavior, achievement, and developmental measures. The successful candidate will also possess strong consultation skills and have knowledge of evidence-based behavioral interventions and their application. In addition, the successful applicant will have exposure to or experience administering the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Second Edition (ADOS-2). However, extensive experience in ADOS-2 administration is not a requirement as training can be provided through the position. The applicant should have experience integrating information and composing psychological reports that are appropriate for use by caregivers and local education agencies. Additionally, the applicant will possess the ability to provide sensitive, thoughtful, and supportive feedback to parents as well as the ability to work well with team members, parents, young children, and service providers in the community.
- Conduct diagnostic evaluations for children at risk for autism spectrum disorder. Includes administering assessment measures, scoring, interviewing parents and/or other informants, interpreting results, conceptualizing cases, recommending appropriate intervention, writing comprehensive reports, and giving oral feedback to parents
- May supervise less experienced clinicians and undergraduate and graduate students in assessment and/or intervention
- Master's Degree
- Clinical psychology, school psychology, social work, behavior analysis, or a related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Psychodiagnostic assessment for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities, strong multi-cultural competence as a clinician and have experience working with families and clients from diverse backgrounds.
- PA licensed/certification or license/certification-eligible
- Exposure to or experience with the ADOS-2
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend