Director of Development, College of Computing & Informatics (CCI)
Job no: 494331
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Development, Institutional Advancement is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive development program, specifically for his/her assigned College or School. The program incorporates annual fund, major gifts, corporate sponsorships and planned gifts fundraising. The Director of Development has the responsibility of front-line solicitation for gifts supporting the CCI and other STEM schools as needed. This individual will be a member of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Medicine) Unit. He or she reports to Assistant Vice President of Development, COE/CCI/Biomed. The Director of Development will work closely with the Dean of his or her assigned College and Institutional Advancement colleagues and senior management.
- Plans, organizes and directs programs to secure major gifts and corporate sponsorships by pursuing the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of private support from individuals, corporations, and foundations to the College of Computing & Informatics and other STEM schools as needed.
- Serves as the major gift fundraiser for the College of Computing & Informatics and other STEM schools as needed; as such, builds and manages a pool of approximately 150 prospects capable of making commitments of a minimum of $25,000.
- Maintains an active schedule of face-to-face meetings with major gift and corporate sponsorship suspects and prospects, averaging 12-15 meetings per month.
- Stewards individual and organizational/institutional donors through ongoing communications, recognition activities, invitations to key events, and interaction with beneficiaries of their support. Coordinates such activities with the central Donor Relations.
- Serves as a key liaison for his or her assigned College or School with the Senior Associate Vice President of Planned Giving, paying special attention to opportunities to secure new planned gifts and steward members of the Drexel University Legacy Society. Attends internal and external planned giving seminars.
- Serves as advisor to the Dean of his or her assigned College or School on fundraising matters and coordinates development activities involving the College and the Office of Institutional Advancement including the Office of Alumni Relations, being cognizant of Institutional Advancement and College needs and procedures.
- Assists in the management of his or her assigned College’s Dean’s Advisory Council.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Vice President to consult on College development publications and communication materials, and other College communication vehicles as appropriate.
- Develops and deepens connections with department heads working on initiatives across CCI.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President, Associate Vice President, senior management, and Dean of in the analysis, formation, and implementation of fundraising plans, policies and procedures.
- Serves as a mentor to Associate and Assistant Directors of Development on the STEM team on regional strategy, managing up, and communication with Deans of the unit colleges/schools
- Promotes University priorities and image to constituents. Serves as front line staff to promote campus goals and objectives.
- Adheres to performance goals and standards for Directors of Development as specified under Office of Institutional Advancement guidelines. Any changes during employment to these guidelines will be disseminated in a timely manner.
- Follows Institutional Advancement procedures with regard to prospect management and documenting contacts.
- Serves as a member of the STEM unit. Willing to help advance philanthropy across the unit as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of work experience of demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising and/or corporate partnership development in a higher education development program is required.
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts and sponsorships of $25,000+ required.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent administrative skills required.
- Ability and willingness to work in teams and also individually.
- Previous experience working with senior-level executives preferred.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems preferred.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend