Director, Finance & Administration, Drexel Business Services
Job no: 494401
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel Business Services portfolio includes Campus Dining, Retail Management, the University Bookstores, DragonCard Services, the DragonDollars program, Parking Services, Mail Service, Vending, and any group that DBS oversees. It is the mission of Drexel Business Services to create vibrant campus and community destinations and deliver a variety of programs and services that are essential to recruiting and retaining today’s student and employee. Drexel Business Services is successful through teamwork, continuous improvement, collaborative internal and external partnerships and business acumen.
The Director, Finance and Administration is responsible for the day-to-day management of Drexel Business Services revenue and expense budgets, contract management, and purchasing. The Director, Finance and Administration works closely with Drexel Business Services leadership to evaluate the financial results of the provided services and develops accurate and actionable reports. The Director oversees the financial administration for Drexel University Online, a wholly owned subsidiary of Drexel University.
- Manage the fiscal operations including the administration of revenue, expense and capital budgets and expenditures, and the establishment and management of financial control systems. Recruit, hire, onboard and train team members to achieve the University’s strategic goals and mission. Monitor financial performance, reporting variances and adverse trends. Develop budget projections under various scenarios. Make recommendations and implement upon approval.
- Coordinate all formal reporting processes and timelines including but not limited to the monthly reporting process, and annual budget submission. Work with the teams to create reports, ensuring they are complete, accurate and on-time. Provide detailed, well-researched, and thought-out analysis that provides the rationale and explanation for the results versus the budget.
- Participate in cross-departmental business process reviews, including cost-benefit analysis, process mapping/flow charting and perform supporting analysis to improve the overall efficiency and operational excellence of the department. Represent the financial and administrative perspective in the assigned workgroups. Develop reporting and tracking systems and conduct post-implementation program reviews to ensure the stated goals and objectives of the program are achieved.
- Serve as the Drexel Business Services / Drexel University Online point of contact for all Human Resources administration to achieve the department’s personnel and staffing objectives. Generate and process paperwork associated with position reclassifications, position budgeting, and hiring or terminating employees. Review salary lines for the division to ensure budget is optimized.
- Provide financial and administrative training and guidance for Business Services professional staff as needed.
- Ensure all monthly tasks (i.e.P-Card reconciliations, service department chargebacks) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in University planning, special projects and other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Drexel Business Services.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend