Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our Policies page to view all University policies related to Human Resources and News and Announcements for workplace postings. Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
2nd Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
Job no: 494425
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University, Professional Staff
The 2nd Assistant Coach will be responsible for on-field coaching of the men's soccer program, alumni and community outreach, and help with monitoring the academic and student-welfare for the program. Specific responsibilities to be assigned under the direction of the Head Men's Soccer Coach.
- Assist the Head Men's soccer coach with all administrative responsibilities of a Division 1 men's soccer program. Serve as liaison to internal departments such as equipment operations, compliance, communications, marketing and facilities.
- Evaluate, contact and recruit potential student-athletes to the university that will represent the program and the university at the highest levels, both on and off the field.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach including but not limited to the operation of camps and clinics to support the fundraising needs of the program.
- Assist the Head Men's soccer coach in the instruction of techniques, strategies and skills. Analyze game and practice film to help formulate training and game strategies. Specific coaching or positional responsibilities to be determined by the Head Coach as needed to best support the success of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of college coaching experience
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills
- Collegiate playing experience preferred
- Typically standing at a desk/table or standing/walking
- Lifting demands > 50lbs
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Drexel University, in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) publishes the Drexel University Security & Fire Safety Annual Report for current and prospective students and employees. This report contains important safety information and crime statistics for the previous three years. These statistics pertain to reported crimes that have occurred on campus, in certain non-campus buildings or properties that are owned or controlled by Drexel University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
Printed copies of this report are also available by calling the Public Safety Administrative Office, 215.895.1550.
Additional information about the services provided by the Drexel University Department of Public Safety can be obtained by visiting their website.