Peer Recovery Suppt Speclst
Job no: 494456
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Peer Recovery Support Specialist’s role is to support others in recovery from a substance abuse disorder. This individual will service as an advocate and motivator to recovering individuals to help promote long-term recovery. The Peer Recovery Support Specialist will develop trusting relationships with clients while maintaining professional boundaries, help clients address challenges during the recovery process, and assist client in linkage and engagement in care.
- Ability to travel (car, walk or public transportation) to other community locations.
- Handles the logistics for patients such as arranging transportation for the client, managing follow-up appointments, and collaborating with other care team members.
- Provides ongoing support and mentorship throughout engagement in program. Develop engagement plans with potential clients. Coordinates warm-hand offs with MAT sites and community agencies.
- Provides phlebotomy services to clients when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record preferred.
- History of substance abuse
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop clear lines of professional boundaries
- Knowledge recovery process and community resources available in Philadelphia
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently within a variety of situations
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a salary grade of H. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend