Part Time Volunteer Coordinator
Job no: 494466
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Queen Lane Campus
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Office of Community Experience (OCE) is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting community service-learning courses and service projects for medical students. This includes various student-volunteer activities in the community, as well as advising and supporting the Health Outreach Project (HOP), run by Drexel medical students, which provides care to underserved Philadelphians through free health clinics.
Under the direction of the HOP Coordinator and the OCE Co-Directors, this position will:
- Provide administrative support to HOP in the form of:
- Providing support for student orientations/training
- Coordinating project meetings
- Ordering pharmaceutical, medical and other supplies for HOP activities as needed
- Overseeing inventory and organization of supply closet
- Maintaining HOP Drexel Learn site o overseeing hiring paperwork for work-study students, delegating as appropriate
- Support for academic conferences, such as student and faculty registration, travel-related coordination, printing of posters, student reimbursements, debriefing, letters of appreciation to donor
- organizing supplies for HOP related events on and off campus (i.e. health fairs, flu clinics)
- Coordinating ordering and disposal of red bins and expired medicine bins
- Coordinating site and speaker contracts and payments
- Coordinate community visits to campus, and provide support to student volunteer activities off-campus
- Maintain data collection for all community visits to campus
- Oversee Protection of Minors process for OCE
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 years or more in related field.
- Dedication to provision of health services to underserved communities.
Queen Lane Campus
This position is classified as Part-Time Non-Exempt with a salary grade of G. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend