Contract and Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) Coordinator
Job no: 494573
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City, Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Contract and Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) Coordinator is responsible for the daily management of contract affiliation agreements and Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) overview for the College of Nursing and Health Professions’ (CNHP) academic programs. This role requires team coordination of specific projects and duties associated with successfully meeting clinical contract goals. Additionally, the Contract and TCE Coordinator is responsible for maintaining academic record data in Banner for the College of Nursing and Health Professions, including completion of official Transfer Credit Evaluations (TCEs) for accepted applicants, posting TCE evaluations in Banner. Individual must have ability to prioritize while working on multiple projects at a time, work successfully both individually and on team projects, be extremely organized, demonstrate dependability, and have professional attitude and poise for interacting with students, faculty and staff.
- Work collaboratively with academic advisors to review questionable academic transcripts.
- Work collaboratively with department chairs and academic advisors on syllabus and course reviews.
- Compute transferrable credits into banner for applicants to review.
- Communicate results of TCE to academic advisors and accepted applicants.
- Remain up to date with all accrediting body regulations and university policies that govern transfer credit acceptability.
- Remain up to date with all programmatic prerequisite requirements.
- Catalogue all department course syllabi and student handbooks.
- Store all contract documentation in an organized and secure electronic filing system.
- Keep an updated data report on total, confirmed, and accepted applicants.
- Communicate all updates and concerns with assigned Academic Programs on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate contract information sessions with students, such as orientation sessions or virtual meetings, occurring outside of typical work hours and work days during the academic year as required.
- Utilize an electronic filing system for the Clinical Contract Team for all contracts documentation. Work to meet this goal within existing methods and address any barriers to achieving an electronic filing system.
- Act as a liaison and first contact with all contract support for the College of Nursing and Health Professions.
- Coordinate students’ clinical sites, rotations, and preceptors according to established criteria to meet program and accreditation requirements.
- Initiate and maintain affiliation agreements between Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions and clinical/practicum agencies.
- Serve as liaison between clinical agencies and Drexel University Legal Counsel, CNHP Academic Program, and student to establish an executed affiliation agreement.
- Monitor adherence to policy and procedures for the clinical facilities that students and faculty attend to complete clinical coursework.
- Review and clear students in a timely manner prior to the clinical start date for access into clinical agencies.
- Maintain deadlines to submit site specific attestation letters and/or additional student/faculty specific documentation as required.
- Develop communication schedule on weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly basis, which reflects the necessary contact with students regarding contracts and filing duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of workplace information according to the policies and procedures of the institution.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Dean, Strategic Operations and Academic Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of experience
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle responsibilities with both discretion and independence.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and remain organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills for effectively dealing with a broad range of individuals at various levels within an organization, as well as for the preparation of various documents, reports, and high-level correspondence.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player; strong team-building skills.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and assess project priorities and procedures.
- Computer literacy with expert proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity applications, as well as data analysis and reporting applications.
- Extensive, related analytical and administrative experience in a high-level office.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend