Job no: 494580
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) is seeking an energetic and collaborative Academic Advisor for its Undergraduate Nursing Department.
- Provides ongoing academic advising for the assigned students in the program.
- Plans course of study with student, registers student, and monitors academic progress throughout the program.
- Provides information about upcoming add/drop deadlines, course offerings, and clinical scheduling.
- Provides information a student may need to make informed decisions about their academic career.
- Promotes advocacy for students to increase retention and student success.
- Serves as the first point of contact for student advising concerns/issues.
- Refers students to appropriate resource offices on campus, i.e financial aid, Office of Equality and Diversity, Counseling Center, Library, Writing Center, etc.
- Works closely with the Enrollment Counselor to ensure a smooth transition for students from application to confirmation.
- Ensures that students have been oriented and understand program expectations.
- Initiates and maintains contact with each student several times each term.
- Manages all aspects of Undergraduate Nursing Programs including coordination and advisement from on-boarding to graduation.
- Assists with planning and execution of departmental events including orientation and the graduation reception.
- Reviews student application materials as part of the admissions cycle.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications, assists in ensuring website and marketing materials are up to date.
- Evaluates transcripts to determine eligibility for transfer credits.
- Facilitates online academic resources through sessions on time management, test-taking strategies, and more.
- Represents department on various advising committees, admissions events, and focus groups within the university.
- Attends graduate open house events.
- Acts as the point of contact for all prospective student inquires.
- Facilitates new student orientation.
- Assists students in grade appeals and university reinstatements.
- Maintains distribution lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of related experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
- Customer-service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Familiarity with technology including Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Master’s degree in higher education, college student affairs, or related area preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend