Physical Therapy Resident
Job no: 494632
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has more than a century long history of educating nurses and health professionals. Since 2002, the College has embraced the practical ingenuity of Drexel through the refinement and development of more than 25 undergraduate and graduate nursing and health professions programs characterized by the integration of learning and work through cooperative education, a culture of excellence, innovation and technology infusion, research and deep civic engagement. The College has grown to include more than 5,000 students, 200 full-time faculty and 104 staff. The College uniquely prepares clinicians to practice and lead in a rapidly changing healthcare system.
The Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences Department is seeking to hire a Physical Therapy Resident. This is a full-time 12.5-month position in the Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences with Drexel University's College of Nursing and Health Professions.
- Patient care in Drexel University Physical Therapy Services and on-site of our Clinical Partners. Specific scheduled hours will be determined based on number of other activities for a specific week. Other activities can include, but are not limited to, teaching in PDPT courses, physician observation, didactic coursework, SPL reviews, case rounds, personal development activities, and service activities.
- Serving the department, college, university and profession consistent with department staff of similar rank.
- Participating as able or assigned in departmental, college, and university faculty meetings, retreats and activities. Activities may include, but are not limited to, such activities as committees, student clinical visits, recruitment, interviews, teaching and research brown bags.
- Advising and mentoring PDPT students.
- Maintaining current professional licensure in PA and NJ, APTA membership, CPR certification, first aid and other required training and clearances, as applicable, for working with patients, clients and/or participants in research.
- Completing other duties as assigned by the Director of Drexel University Clinical Services, the Director of the Residency Program, or other Faculty in the Residency Program.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited Physical Therapy Program prior to June 1, 2020.
- Applicants must have or be eligible for Physical Therapy Licensure in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend