Job no: 494641
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Scrum Master II is responsible for coaching and facilitating software development teams in agile/scrum practices through entire project life-cycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment); mentors scrum teams towards becoming self-organizing, autonomous and accountable in the development and delivery of their work product; serves as liaison with appropriate colleagues and vendors to ensure teams are aware of and in compliance with standards and best practices; coordinates multiple complex high priority tasks; assists teams in identifying business value of features and functionality, performance metrics and requirements; facilitates and monitors specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure scrum teams are focusing on quality and on-time delivery; holds all relevant scrum ceremonies, ensures team members are aware of purpose, requirements and intended outcomes of each ceremony; provides ongoing agile/scrum/Kanban training and coaching to team members and stakeholders; assists teams in assessing, communicating and creating action plans to enable sprint progress and mitigate risks; monitors risks throughout the sprint and escalates issues to the appropriate level of management and assists in removing impediments; evaluate impact of change requests against communicated timelines; have in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline; acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; regularly determines own work priorities with consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance; possesses strong interpersonal, mentoring and conflict resolution skills; reports for work on time according to schedule; and works occasional nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Train and coach team members in agile/scrum practices.
- Act as liaison between product owner, stakeholders and scrum team members to identify business value, user requirements and their prioritization.
- Evangelize agile/scrum values.
- Provide guidance to scrum teams in becoming self-organizing, autonomous and accountable.
- Provide sprint metrics on capacity, velocity, sprint burn-down and other reports as may be defined by scrum teams.
- Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Ensure scrum teams are recommending and communicating project scheduling considerations and facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Work with other project managers/scrum teams to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
- Escalate issues as required to remove impediments and unblock open issues.
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to product owners and stakeholders as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a Scrum Master
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend