Job no: 494656
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: LeBow College of Business, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Art Director leads the concept, design and execution of innovative, creative solutions across a range of multi-channel efforts — print, digital and outdoor advertising, social, print collateral, promotional items, and more. Reporting to the Executive Director, and in partnership with the full Marketing and Communications team in the LeBow College of Business, the Art Director will evolve and elevate LeBow's visual brand. The successful candidate will combine conceptual creative thinking and exceptional design skills to execute projects that are on-strategy and on-budget.
- Lead conceptualization, design, project management and execution of creative projects – including print, digital and outdoor advertising, marketing collateral, experiential, etc. -- for the LeBow College of Business to evolve and elevate the LeBow visual brand.
- Serve as direct supervisor for one full-time designer.
- Understand College marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audiences to ensure on-strategy and on-budget creative execution.
- Oversee print and digital production, including research and vendor coordination.
- Build relationships with, and develop processes to support, collaboration with internal departments to ensure accurate, strategic, high-quality creative products.
- Lead photo and video shoots, as needed.
- Uphold and set Drexel LeBow brand identity standards.
- Continually seek inspiration and monitor trends in design and application to keep LeBow current and innovative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related art or communications field.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience as a graphic designer or art director.
- Highly proficient in Mac platform design and production applications, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Professional skills including print and digital design and production, photo editing and retouching, project estimating, electronic pre-press and vendor relations.
- Experience developing a range of marketing tactics, print, digital and outdoor advertising, social, email, video, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and provide clear direction to direct reports; ability to lead and inspire others, consistently improving quality of creative products.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously; skilled at creating efficient processes for building/replicating files.
- Creative thinker with a strong commitment to quality.
- Excellent attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in integrated, collaborative teams.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills required (including listening).
- Strong production skills, including proper file setup and management, setting up files for press, production research, working with various vendors, and knowledge of print techniques.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with branding and campaign communications; branding agency or similar experience.
- Video or animation experience is preferred
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload the following documents upon your submission:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (either direct upload via PDF or a link to your website)
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend