Job no: 494668
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
This is a 12-month full time APA-Accredited Internship in Health Services Psychology (40 hours per week for 1 year, with minimum total of 2000 hours per year) Counseling Center position. The psychology trainee is expected to provide individual and group counseling services, as well as intake assessments, crisis intervention, on-call services, educational presentations, prevention programming, training activities, outreach, consultation, provision of supervision to practicum students, and other administrative activities in which the staff participates. This position will also participate in general Student Life functions as a member of an Office within the Division of Student Life. Interns will receive two hours of individual clinical supervision per week from a licensed psychologist acting as their primary supervisor, and two additional hours of supervision which may be provided by appropriately credentialed behavioral health professionals in either group or individual format.
- Provide Individual Therapy.
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups, support groups, and conduct workshops on mental-health related topics.
- Provide consultation outreach to student body.
- Supervise externs.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision.
- Attend Counseling Center Staff meetings; divisional meetings as needed.
- Case management and consultation to faculty/staff/parents/campus partners and stakeholders.
- Rotate 24 hour on-call service with Counseling professional staff.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Psychology Trainees in Drexel University Counseling Center’s Psychology Internship program must have graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree. Trainees must be enrolled in a doctoral program in applied psychology (clinical or counseling) at an accredited university or professional school and be approved by their chairman for the internship. Trainees should have completed at least 500 hours of practicum experience.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend