Assistant Director, Events & Visitor Relations
Job no: 494673
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Director of Events and Visitor Relations is responsible for the delivery of high quality, efficient and effective on-campus, off-campus, and on-line visits and events aligned with the strategic goals of the Admissions Office, within the division of Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS). Under the supervision of the Director of Events and Visitor Relations, the Assistant Director supports the development and implementation of communication plans and programming related to a specific set of recruitment and enrollment events. In addition, the Assistant Director has the opportunity to directly supervise Co-op Employees or other Student Employees who serve in support roles to aid the planning and execution of the team’s events and visits, and other office functions as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate the Drexel brand and educate the community about the academic offerings and admissions process at Drexel University for all student levels and populations. This position requires the ability to collaborate with staff, faculty, current students, academic leadership, administrative units and external vendors/partners to ensure successful event and visit implementation.
- Serve as lead project manager on assigned events (such as those listed above) and facilitate all event logistics and planning per the event communication and planning timelines, including responsibility for all event/visit logistics, programming, communications, and planning.
- Serve as a team member in the planning and execution of a significant portion of an event such as those listed above, having responsibility for all event/visit logistics, programming, communications, and planning.
- Responsible for general event data collection and dissemination; i.e. communicate registration numbers to EMSS and College/School liaisons before and after events and visits.
- Communicate and translate EMSS's vision and purpose for event/visit programs (as directed by Associate Director and Director) to EMSS colleagues, student ambassadors, alumni, and campus partners including faculty, staff and current student volunteers.
- Analyze events/visits (including guest and staff surveys, space capacities, and feedback from campus partners) and make recommendations for program improvements on an ongoing basis as well as during annual planning (responsible for producing proposals for assigned events and visits, as needed).
- Support the execution of annual assessment of university's visit programs by analyzing enrollment data, guest surveys, campus partner surveys, and offerings by peer institutions; utilize assessment to develop creative solutions to improve efficacy of programming for subsequent year including communication plans and invite strategies, proposed content and programming, and budget projections.
- At least 2 years' work experience in event planning and higher education
- Master’s Degree
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend