Teaching Faculty (Instructor) in Information Sci Dept
Job no: 494735
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University's College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) invites applications for multiple full-time teaching faculty positions in Information Science and Data Science. CCI, located in a brand new building with state-of-the-art classrooms, research and student labs, and abundant space to promote collaboration and innovation. The College of Computing & Informatics is comprised of approximately 60 faculty and 2,000 students. It offers a variety of B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees spanning all areas of computing and informatics, including new degrees such as MS in Data Science, and MS in Information with majors in Library and Information Science, Digital Content Management and Human Computer Interaction/User Experience.
CCI (drexel.edu/cci) invites applications for multiple full-time teaching faculty positions in the Computer Science Department (drexel.edu/cci/academics/computer-science-department) and the Information Science Department (drexel.edu/cci/academics/information-science-department). Areas of interest include Security and Privacy, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Library and Information Science, Digital Content Management, Human Computer Interaction and Data Science.
Information Science candidates are expected to have:
A vision of information science education and interest in transforming library and information science education in the 21st century
Broad knowledge in information science and interest in promoting information science to a wide audience.
Expertise in one or more specialized area of information science
Experience in information science competencies and curriculum development
Experience in teaching in both on-campus and online environment
Data Science candidates are expected to have:
Solid knowledge or industry experience in one or more areas of data science
Familiarity with data cleansing, data pre-processing, and data analytics tools & systems
Familiarity with data modeling, predictive modeling, and machine learning
Experience in course and curriculum development
Interest in teaching both on-campus and online courses, and international teaching opportunities.
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Serve as curricular leader in your primary area.
- Scholarly research and service to the college and department.
- Master's Degree (or higher) in related subject area is required.
- Excellence in teaching and teaching innovation and dedication to working with students is essential.
- Relevant industry experience is desirable.
- Interest in course and curriculum development and online teaching desired.
- This position is classified as exempt.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- When submitting your application, please include the following materials in a PDF format:
- Cover letter
- A brief statement summarizing teaching experience and relevant professional experience, teaching interests, experience working with/teaching/mentoring minorities, women, or members of other underrepresented groups
- A list of references. (Letters of reference will only be requested from candidates who are invited for a campus interview).
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend