Teaching Faculty (Instructor) Computer Science Dept
Job no: 494736
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University's Department of Computer Science (drexel.edu/cci/academics/computer-science-department) invites applications for full-time teaching faculty positions.
Areas of interest include Introductory Computing, Security and Privacy, Artificial Intelligence (including Machine and Deep Learning), Software Engineering and Data Science.
The Computer Science Department is housed in the College of Computing and Informatics (drexel.edu/cci) which is located in a brand new building with state-of-the-art classrooms, research and student labs, and abundant space to promote collaboration and innovation. The College and Department are foremost leaders in educating computing and information professionals, combining high-quality teaching and research in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. The College offers a variety of B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees spanning all areas of computing and informatics, including new M.S. degrees in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and Data Science.
Teaching Faculty (Instructor) Computer Science Dept will teach at the undergraduate (and possibly graduate) levels and serve as a curricular leader within their designated primary area. Excellence in teaching and teaching innovation, as well as dedication to working with students is essential in this role. Applicants should possess a strong interest in course and curriculum development and online teaching as well.
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Serve as curricular leader in your primary area.
- Scholarly research and service to the college and department.
- Master's degree or higher in a related subject areas e.g., security and privacy, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and software engineering.
- Excellence in teaching and teaching innovation and dedication to working with students is essential.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate potential for teaching excellence in the environment of a major research university.
- Relevant industry experience is desirable.
- Interest in course and curriculum development and online teaching desired.
- This position is classified as Exempt.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure to upload/include the following documents in a PDF format upon your application submission:
- Cover letter
- A brief statement summarizing your teaching experience and relevant professional experience.
Letters of reference/recommendation will be requested from candidates who are invited for an on-campus interview.
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend