Director, Admissions and Student Affairs, DUCOM Tower Health Campus
Job no: 494759
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
In 2018, Drexel University College of Medicine (DUCOM) and Tower Health announced plans to jointly develop a regional medical campus in West Reading, Pennsylvania near the campus of Reading Hospital. The regional campus will provide all four years of instruction leading to the MD degree and will be operational for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. We are now recruiting for multiple faculty and staff level positions to support the operation of the new campus.
Today, with more than 1,100 medical students, Drexel University College of Medicine has one of the largest medical student enrollments of any private medical school in the nation. In addition, graduate students number more than 500, and the College is the academic partner in the education of some 550 medical residents. There are more than 700 clinical and basic science faculty, and more than 1,700 affiliate and volunteer faculty. Tower Health is a regional, integrated healthcare system that offers leading-edge compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people in southeastern Pennsylvania. Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; and a connected network of 2,000 physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations
The Director of Admissions and Student Affairs, DUCOM Tower Health Campus will oversee the entire range of student services, from recruitment through graduation. The director provides operational leadership, in conjunction with the Director of Admissions for DUCOM, for the admissions interviewing activities at the Tower Health campus, and oversees, working with the Director of Student Affairs at DUCOM and the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, DUCOM-Tower Health, programs and services for DUCOM students at the Tower Health campus. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the Tower Health campus attracts and admits a full complement of well qualified medical students, providing the coordination for student activities/life and support services at the campus.
• Responsible for coordinating admissions activities/interview days and accepted students’ days at the DUCOM-Tower Health campus.
• Assisting in reviewing applications and candidates for admission or further action by the admissions committee.
• Developing and implementing student support services, activities, events and interest groups in conjunction with the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and with the DUCOM Office of Student Affairs.
• Overseeing academic advising/mental health counseling services.
• Partner with Assistant Dean to address and resolve student concerns and issues.
- Master’s Degree
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Other requirements
- Experience in higher education
- A passion for working with students and strong teamwork skills
- Proven management/administrative experience, particularly with student recruitment, admissions, student advising or career placement
- Skills in conflict resolution and crisis management
See posting for details.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend