Post-Doctoral Research Associate Social Computing & Privacy
Job no: 494764
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Post-Doctoral Researcher will work on social computing and privacy research with Dr. Andrea Forte. Dr. Forte leads a research group that investigates a range of social computing, design, and education issues.
- Author publications and present findings to the scientific/academic community.
- Help developing and writing research proposal and applying for research grants.
- Collaborate with industry and academic partners on research projects.
- Prepare and submit manuscripts to appropriate journals in the field.
- Prepare technical reports for internal uses as well as for submission to funding agency.
- Interact professionally with all members of the research group.
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Other duties as assigned by the PI.
- Ph.D. in a field relevant to human-centered computing by the start date, including Computer Science, Information Science, and Communication, among others.
- Experience with interdisciplinary research and academic publishing.
- Experience with both computational and qualitative research methods.
- Experience conducting research using social media content or other data to understand online behavior.
- An interest in online anonymity.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
- Submit a research statement.
- Include names of three references.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend