Technology Integration Librarian
Job no: 494769
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Office of the Provost, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The technology integration librarian is an innovative and enthusiastic librarian who leads systems and technology integration projects. This position supports the back end of Drexel University Libraries (DUL) systems to optimize processes and workflows for efficient management of Drexel research output, academic content, and unique digital collections. The librarian proactively reviews and assesses emerging technologies and their potential to meet DUL program needs, leading program managers in implementation planning. The librarian provides strong project management leadership combined with an understanding of library applications and workflows in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Implement new features and enhancements of Ex Libris products on a regular basis to maximize DUL’s return on investment. Evaluate and customize vendor products and develop local applications as required.
- Support EZproxy (including regular updates) and trouble-shoot complex online resources access issues. Work collaboratively with University partners on systems, network, security, and authentication issue.
- Provide staff training and support for library applications and systems.
- Ensure adherence of systems to technical, quality assurance, data integrity, and security standards and document solutions and workflows.
- Plan and implement new technology projects/workflows, including system integrations and potential system migrations.
- A Master's Degree in library and/or Information Science (or related field) is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability in technology/development project management.
- Organizational skills and ability to lead multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong technical background and experience in library service platform, data manipulation, system integration, and authentication.
- Ability to engage in self-directed learning about emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated success and leadership skills in working effectively both independently and within teams.
- Evidence of flexibility and initiative working within a dynamic environment and a diverse matrix organization.
- Experience in an academic, library or archives environment
- Experience in training/supporting technology applications
- Experience with Ex Libris products
- Experience using XML, XSLT, and JSON
- Knowledge of query languages, such as, SPARQL, SQL, and Lucene
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend