Post Doctoral Researcher
Job no: 494775
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: College of Engineering, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Materials Electrochemistry Laboratory in the Materials Science & Engineering Department at Drexel University is searching for a Post-Doctoral Researcher to work on creating new two-dimensional (2D) oxide/carbon heterostructures for electrodes in energy storage devices. This research project will involve synthesis, characterization and electrochemical study with the aim to answer specific scientific questions related to structure and chemistry of 2D heterostructures as well as interactions between synthesized materials and electrochemically cycled ions, contributing to the development of future high performing electrochemical energy storage systems. Characterization of 2D heterostructures will involve collaboration with members of the Energy Frontiers Research Center for Mesoscale Transport Properties at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL).
The applicant will be expected to work diligently and efficiently, contribute to the project intellectually, lead in writing scholarly papers and grant proposals, publish research results in appropriate refereed journals, engage in the EFRC activities in accordance with the Center mission, maintain equipment in the laboratory and mentor junior group members.
- Contribute to the project intellectually.
- Lead in writing scholarly papers and grant proposals, publish research results in appropriate refereed journals.
- Engage in the research team activities, comply with and contribute to safety protocols, maintain equipment in the laboratory.
- Assist in mentoring junior group members.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science & Engineering , or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in the lab working on synthesis, characterization and electrochemical testing of functional inorganic materials.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume, cover letter and example(s) of publication(s) as one PDF when submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
- Please arrange for 3 letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Ekaterina Pomerantseva at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend