Assistant Registrar - AcademicRrecords
Job no: 494849
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Registrar of Academic Records is a critical position of the Academic Records Team within the Office of the University Registrar (OUR). The person that fills this position provides necessary records processing, intermediate management of academic records audits and manages undergraduate academic standing procedures and updates. In addition, this position serves as the conduit between OUR and Drexel Central, as well as the Undergraduate and Graduate academic advising community.
- Manages all processes related to grading and academic records, including, grading, transcript and certification generation, probation.
- Creates and designs process flows, and data flow diagrams related to the Main Campus division of OUR
- Helps with process redesign and Business Process Reengineering
- Develops and implements business solutions related to all OUR division processes
- Analyzes and utilizes Hyperion reports created by Academic Information and Systems
- Ensures the data integrity in systems and scrutinizes business practices related to OUR Center City Health Sciences division processes
- Co-Manages all Academic Records personnel, processes and processing.
- Monitors and adheres to all operational Hyperion Audits with respect to course offerings, grading, transcript and certification generation, and probation and space allocation.
- Provides Training (in all areas of Academic Records and University Policy Issues) to other areas in the University via the onboarding training process.
- Provides customer service to all administrative areas related to OUR processes and student related problems.
- Manages all Undergraduate Academic Standing and End of Term Grading Processes
- Primary contact for all Undergraduate advising issues related to Academic Standing and Academic Records.
- Primary contact for SCDC related to all registration issues and academic records protocol
- Primary contact for all Academic Advisors related to all registration issues and academic records protocol
- Primary contact for the Graduate College related to all registration issues and academic records protocol
- Primary contact for the School of Law related to all registration issues and academic records protocol
- Manages DegreeWorks issues related to academic records and plans of study
- Attends meeting with all administrative units when necessary to represent the academic record.
- Key representative for Enrollment management and Student Success (EMSS) related to all academic record issues
- Manages the Academic Records OUR email UC-Academic-Records@drexel.edu
- Upholds and testifies regarding the Academic record in legal cases that are identified by the Office of General Counsel
- Handles all subpoenas for academic records for the Office of General Counsel
- Works closely with the Associate Registrar for Academic Record to assist with all management and planning activities for OUR
- Represents the University Registrar as needed with other units in the University (Drexel Central (DC), Bursar and Financial Aid) to assist with all students related inquires, problems and opportunities
- Supports University Registrar in planning, scheduling, and reviewing the operations calendar for OUR with respect to all academic records functions
- Provides total support for the Office of the Provost for adherence to policies and procedures laid forth by FERPA, AACRAO and the Department of Education.
- Manages projects, people and tasks to ensure goals and objectives are completed in accordance to the operations calendar.
- Manages and adjusts all Hyperion reports created by Academic Information and Systems for business process reengineering
- Attends and presents at the Advisor Lead Workgroup meetings and presents as needed for all academic record issues
- Manages all statistics related to grading, registration and transcript processing for dissemination to the University Community
- Manages proactive plans to eliminate error and redundancies with all processes related to the Academic Records Division
- Follows the Operations calendar for The Office of The University Registrar
- Works as part of the management team for DC and OUR, to develop, manage and plan for the Office of the University Registrar.
- Reports directly to the Associate Registrar for Academic Records.
- Bachelor's Degree
|Master’s degree preferred. Related Master’s degree may replace one year of experience requirement.
- Experience using report-generation tools, such as MS Access, Hyperion Query
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend