Nutrition Educator 10/12 Month
Job no: 494851
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, conducts on-site approved nutrition education programs in assigned Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) eligible schools in the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) and in eligible community sites to school-age and adult populations. Participates in direct education, implementing lesson plans as intended which meet the overall goals and objectives of the Program. Participates in school programs and committees, seeking opportunities for policy, systems, and environment (PSE) interventions with the goal of positive behavioral changes for participants. Participates in Back to School nights, Health Fairs, workshops and other allowable school and community events. Participates in evaluation activities as assigned. Utilizes Microsoft applications. Responsible for scheduling and coordination of nutrition education and PSE activities within assigned areas of responsibility. Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of activities on EARS and PEARS forms and other reporting as required. PA criminal background check, FBI Clearance and child abuse clearance necessary. Responsible to complete Occupational Health requirements. Must have valid driver's license and access to a reliable mode of transportation. Current Serv Safe Manager Certification required as a condition of employment. This is a 10 month position paid over 12 months. (Off over the summer months when SDP is not in session. Dates determined based on SDP school calendar.)
- Provides approved nutrition education and programs in schools within the SDP and in eligible community sites to school-age and adult populations. Seeks opportunities for PSE interventions in sites. Participates in Back to School nights, Health Fairs, workshops and other school and community events.
- Schedules visits, prepares, and implements lesson plans which meet the overall goals and objectives of PA SNAP-Ed. Conducts site visits and interfaces with SDP and community site personnel.
- Prepares materials necessary for execution of nutrition education sessions. Reviews and revises educational materials as directed. Utilizes Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint in all facets of the job.
- Assists in data collection and conducts evaluation activities as directed.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Drexel University. Maintains confidentiality of Drexel and SDP records, policies and procedures. Maintains security of all Drexel and SDP property. Completes all required trainings.
- Accurately documents STARtracks and PEARS forms and submits for data entry in a timely fashion. Collects and prepares necessary data to complete job, including, but not limited to: contact reports, site evaluations, calendars, travel and activity reports, etc.
- Maintains excellent working relations with SDP personnel, community site personnel, and close working relationships with Drexel University staff. Participates in conferences, workshops and professional development for teachers, nurses and principals within the SDP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Other requirements
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend