Job no: 494876
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Neural Circuit Engineering lab in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems is seeking a research technician for a project investigating sensorimotor transformations.
- Maintain and generate transgenic Drosophila melanogaster.
- Build behavior assays with minimal supervision.
- Perform behavior experiments and analyze data.
- Participate in and support multiple team projects.
- Perform all work following the highest research standards.
- A Bachelors Degree in Biomedical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python is required.
- At least one year of research experience with Drosophila melanogaster.
- A background in behavioral neuroscience.
- Experience designing and developing behavioral assays.
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python.
- Experience designing Arduino based devices.
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend