Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor & Simulation Education Specialist
Job no: 494900
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Simulation Education Specialist in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) and Drexel University is responsible for the supporting and collaborating with the Assistant Dean, Experiential Learning and Innovation, in an effort to infuse experiential learning throughout the undergraduate curriculum. The priority role for this position is to support faculty in creating, implementing and evaluating substantive experiential learning experiences utilizing simulation to meet the outcomes of the undergraduate curriculum.
- Support curriculum innovation and integration with simulation-based learning (online and in person).
- Provide and guide faculty to match methods and modalities to meet learning objectives.
- Train and coach faculty to utilize Debriefing (Debriefing with Good Judgment ) in order to promote the experiential learning process.
- a. Formal coaching will include DASH Rater feedback
- Attend DASH Rater training online (Center for Medical Simulation).
- Model Good Judgment in faculty interactions and simulations.
- Support and lead faculty development sessions, including clinical adjunct faculty.
- Model giving and receiving Feedback with faculty.
- Support innovative programs.
- Attend assigned sessions of simulation, training, etc.
- Support authorship including presentations of simulation-based education innovations
- Support and communicate best practices in simulation-based education including but not limited to INASCL Standards.
- Attend BSN faculty meetings.
- Plan annual meeting to discuss upcoming simulations and evaluation of past/current experiences.
- Teaching Load: In addition to simulation 12 – 18 credits.
- Masters of Science in Nursing required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Doctorate degree preferred
- Familiarity with undergraduate curriculum, QSEN, National Council State Board of Nursing
- Simulation recommendations and regulatory requirements
- Experience with teaching large class sizes
- Prior experience with simulation preferred
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands < 25lbs
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend