Head Swim Coach
Job no: 494901
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Head Swimming and Diving Coach will manage and coach the university's men's and women's Division I Swimming programs, within the mission of the department and the university. This position will direct all activities related to running a Division I swimming program.
- Select and successfully recruit student-athletes which meet the needs and growth of the program, department and institution.
- Teach, coach, train and motivate student-athletes to perform at the highest level through organized team and individual sessions. Foster an environment within the Swimming & Diving program that supports the department mission of personal growth and integrity, diversity, leadership, sportsmanship and a commitment to athletic and academic excellence.
- Work effectively with administrators, staff and coaches within the department of athletics to operate effectively within the structure of the organization. Communicate with all constituents of the program including staff, faculty, students, parents, alumni and friends.
- Ensure that the program complies with all Drexel, CAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work to foster growth of the Drexel Swimming & Diving community through fundraising and outreach.
- Supervise and direct assistant coaches to support the direction of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Successful background coaching Swimming, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Minimum of 5 years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and instruct the skills and techniques of Swimming.
- An understanding of the role of intercollegiate sports in a dynamic university setting.
- Strong written, organization and communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide strong leadership in managing the complexities of a team.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend