Clinical Research Assistant
Job no: 494902
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Seeking a qualified individual to fill a one-year position as a clinical research assistant in the Drexel University College of Medicine. The research assistant will report directly to the principal investigator, a physician, and will have a key role in numerous research projects that are focused on kidney disease and kidney transplantation.
- Administrative tasks include: study participant enrollment, obtaining informed consent, coordination of research team personnel, the administration of research tests, data collection from medical records, and database management. Many of these duties, including administrative tasks and database management, can be performed remotely and on a flexible schedule. All duties will adhere to local guidance on physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Employee will have regular contact with patients and clinical providers and should be comfortable in clinical settings. Responsible for maintaining, organizing, and securing documents with protected health information.
- Preparation of tables, figures, posters and manuscripts related to the research projects. The individual hired will work in a collegial environment and will help to coordinate a small team of physicians, research coordinators, and graduate students. The position might extend for more than one year based on performance and availability of funding.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of related experience
- Must have strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel preferred.
- Prior experience in clinical research and database management preferred including the ability to perform assigned tasks independently and the ability to work effectively with patients and medical staff in a clinical environment. Must have strong organizational skills. Should have knowledge of HIPAA/Protection of Human Subjects Training, if not completed, will be required if hired. Must have the proper computer equipment to work remotely.
This position is classified as Non-exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend