Project Coordinator II
Job no: 494925
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Project Coordinator II conducts on-site nutrition education programs in assigned Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) eligible schools in the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) and in eligible community sites to school-age and adult populations. The Project Coordinator II participates in direct education, implementing lesson plans as intended, which meet the overall goals and objectives of the Program. The Project Coordinator II will take initiative and participate in school programs and committees, seeking opportunities for policy, systems, and environment (PSE) interventions and promotions with the goal of positive behavioral changes for participants. Moreover, the Project Coordinator II will participate in Back to School nights, Health Fairs, workshops, and other school and community events, and will uses feedback and opportunities to promote positive outcomes. Additionally, the Project Coordinator II is responsible for the scheduling and coordination of nutrition education and PSE activities within assigned areas of responsibility, as well as for the accurate and timely documentation of activities in required formats and other reporting as required. This is a 12-month position.
- Provides approved nutrition education and programs in schools within the SDP and in eligible community sites to school-age and adult populations. Seeks opportunities for PSE interventions in sites. Participates in Back to School nights, Health Fairs, workshops and other school and community events.
- Schedules visits, prepares and implements lesson plans, which meet the overall goals and objectives of PA SNAP-Ed. Conducts site visits and interfaces with SDP and community site personnel. Assists in data collection and conducts evaluation activities as directed.
- Prepares materials necessary for execution of nutrition education sessions. Reviews and revises educational materials as directed. Utilizes Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Completes any special projects as assigned. Provides ongoing guidance and support to nutrition educators, especially with planning and implementation PSE interventions in their assigned sites. Monitors programs for quality and consistency.
- Assists with social media maintenance.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Drexel University and those applicable to SDP. Maintains confidentiality of Drexel and SDP records, policies and procedures. Maintains security of all Drexel and SDP property. Completes all required trainings.
- Accurately documents in required formats and submits for data entry in a timely fashion. Collects and prepares necessary data to complete job, including, but not limited to: contact reports, site evaluations, calendars, travel and activity reports, etc.
- Maintains excellent working relations with SDP personnel, community site personnel, and close working relationships with Drexel University staff. Participates in conferences, workshops and professional development for teachers, nurses and principals within the SDP and community partners.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with supervisors, staff and customers. Adapts communication styles as needed for various audiences.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
- 2 years of related experience
- PA criminal background check, FBI Clearance and child abuse clearance necessary.
- Must have access to a reliable form of transportation in order to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Current ServSafe Manager certification required as a condition of employment.
- Occasional lifting and carrying 25-50 lbs.
- This is a 12-month position.
- Registered Dietitian or Master degree in related field a plus.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend