Research Assistant Professor
Job no: 494938
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The successful candidate will actively participate in biochemical, cellular, and animal studies of the research program of Dr. Mazin's laboratory which is aimed on understanding the mechanisms of DNA repair and homologous recombination in human cells and on development of novel approaches of cancer therapy.
The successful candidate is expected to write scientific papers, reports and grant proposals, participate in various research meetings held in the laboratory and in Drexel University.
The successful candidate will also supervise the work of graduate students and postdocs in the lab.
- Design and independently execute experiments
- Record results and date interpretation, and communicate same to PI, other lab personnel and other scientists.
- Grant writing/collaboration, manuscript writing/collaboration and preparation and publication and presentation materials.
- PhD or equivalent doctoral degree
- MD, PhD, equivalent doctoral degree in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology
- Minimum of 2 year laboratory research experience
- Operation of standard research lab equipment and computer hardware and software
- Experience with a variety of complex analytical and technical laboratory experiments.
- Experience in the mechanistic studies on DNA repair and recombination in human cells.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend