Career Services Coordinator
Job no: 494992
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Enrollment Management and Student Success, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Under the general direction of Associate Director for Career Services, the Career Services Coordinator supports employers recruiting students and alumni in the Handshake platform. Key responsibilities include spearheading career fair planning committee and employer engagement in online recruiting system (Handshake), managing logistics for career fairs (virtual and in-person), on-campus interviewing and employer information sessions. Collaborate with Career Services team and Employer Relations team to offer customer service approach in communications with employer partners to promote various recruiting opportunities at Drexel and support employer recruiting efforts. Oversee logistics of scheduling events and interview days, communicate with university partners and Steinbright to develop marketing materials for events and to share trend analysis of hiring practices through Handshake. Serve as a point of contact for employer technical support and assistance with Handshake. Provide Handshake management and events support to represent office to external constituencies including employer representatives.
- Review and approve all new Handshake employers and job postings; prepare reports to assess trends associated with employer usage of Handshake. Train and manage work-study students for Handshake job approval support and event marketing.
- Lead Career Fair Committee to manage planning for four major events annually. Collaborate with university partners on event logistics including catering, public safety, rec center, and campus services. Work with EMSS Communications and Marketing to develop marketing plans.
- Manage employer information session and on-campus interview process from event request approval in Handshake to securing space, organizing events logistics, facilitating marketing efforts and training staff on event coverage.
- Serve as point of contact for employers actively engaged in recruiting students and alumni through Handshake. Provide Handshake technical assistance as required.
- Coordinate mass email communications to employers regarding career fair registrations. Provide information regarding additional recruiting activities and events.
- Provide exceptional customer service for employers, staff, and university partners regarding additional recruiting opportunities such as resume reviews and networking events. Organize day-of logistics, coordinate marketing materials, respond to inquiries and resolve issues. Support Employer Relations team in job development initiatives.
- Manage on-campus interview program. Prepare interview schedules and print candidate resumes. Maintain recruiting facility. Coordinate day-of-interview activities and procedures. Organize employer printed materials. Greet employers and students upon arrival. Assist employers and students in resolving any issues
- Participate in Steinbright committees and events as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience with the proven ability to organize, plan and manage short and long-term events and projects.
- A strong proficiency in using the online recruiting software, Handshake, and an eagerness to learn new software functionality.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom and Teams.
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend