Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Job no: 495022
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Kline School of Law, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Thomas R. Kline School of Law’s Legal Research Center at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA invites applications for a Research & Instructional Services Librarian. Research & Instructional Services Librarians have regular teaching duties of both 1L and upper level students as well as assisting faculty and students with research. The position also engages actively in the intellectual life of the Kline Law community. This is a full-time position and is one of 3 Research & Instructional Services Librarian positions that reports to the Director of the Legal Research Center.
- Providing legal and interdisciplinary research support and liaison services to faculty, students and staff
- Create research guides and tutorials
- Staff the reference desk and reference chat service
- Develop and teach law school educational programming, including specialized legal research courses with the potential, depending on experience, for developing substantive courses, in both in-person and online settings
- Assist in student outreach and promotion of library services
- Be a member of the Legal Research Center’s collection development team
- Participate in or complete other projects and activities that support reference, research, or instructional needs
- Participate in professional development activities
- Law Degree
- JD from an ABA accredited law school; Master’s Degree in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
- 1-3 years of previous experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend