Director of Campus Administration and Finance
Job no: 495037
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Other - See posting for details
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
In 2018, Drexel University College of Medicine (DUCOM) and Tower Health announced plans to jointly develop a regional medical campus in West Reading, Pennsylvania near the campus of Reading Hospital. The regional campus will provide all four years of instruction leading to the MD degree and will be operational for the 2021 – 2022 academic year. We are now recruiting for multiple faculty and staff level positions to support the operation of the new campus.
Today, with more than 1,100 medical students, Drexel University College of Medicine has one of the largest medical student enrollments of any private medical school in the nation. In addition, graduate students number more than 500, and the College is the academic partner in the education of some 550 medical residents. There are more than 700 clinical and basic science faculty, and more than 1,700 affiliate and volunteer faculty. Tower Health is a regional, integrated healthcare system that offers leading-edge compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people in southeastern Pennsylvania. Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; and a connected network of 2,000 physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations
The Director of Administration and Campus Finance will oversee all the administrative and finance functions for the Tower Health campus. The Director will report to the Regional Vice Dean, and work closely with the Director of Administrative Services at the DUCOM Philadelphia campus.
In conjunction with Regional Vice Dean and DUCOM Director of Administrative Services, set all policies and procedures for the DUCOM-Tower Health campus including instituting administrative and financial controls
- Serve as primary liaison with Tower IT department and DUCOM IT department for all administrative and financial issues involving IT hardware and software.
- Determine office equipment needs for department
- Responsible for coordinating facilities maintenance issues
- Recommends solutions to administrative problems affecting department
- Works closely with Administrative Director for the Office of Educational Affairs to coordinate processes and policies across both campuses
- Participates in department faculty meetings
- Attends College of Medicine Department Administrator meetings and other institutional committees as requested Vice Dean
- Interpret policies on the department, Campus, College of Medicine, and University level, and communicate updates
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Vice Dean
- Participates in the preparation and control of the campus budget
- Responsible for oversight of department travel, computer, equipment, and office supply budget
- Approve all purchasing including purchase orders, purchasing card, and petty cash management
- Responds to requests for financial and statistical information
- Overall supervision of all non-faculty personnel
- Provide Human Resource support for faculty as needed
- Hold regular staff meetings, coordinate trainings and departmental events for the Tower-Health campus
- Serve as Human Resource liaison and assist with personnel needs as necessary including resolution of personnel issues including recruitment and termination.
- Responsible for orientation and training of administrative staff
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in higher education required (plus experience in an academic or health system desired)
- Effective communication, prioritization, and resolution of administrative issues
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented style
- Proficiency in business software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend