Data Analyst, Geographic Information Systems
Job no: 495064
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Dornsife School of Public Health, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Urban Health Collaborative (UHC), part of the Dornsife School of Public Health, is seeking a geographic information system (GIS) technician/analyst. This new position will join a multidisciplinary team that include a senior GIS analyst, epidemiologists, statisticians, environmental scientists and urban planners. The new position will focus on data management and analysis using ESRI products (e.g. ArcGISPro) and other software tools in support of research projects pertaining to urban health including a project focused on Latin American cities.
At the UHC we recognize that much of health is influenced by the places where people live, work and play. Our mission is to improve health in cities and reduce health inequities by increasing scientific knowledge and public awareness of urban health challenges and opportunities.
- Work with spatial data to create measures that can be linked to health data.
- Assist with the collection of data, including internet searches for data sources, contacting agencies to obtain data.
- Aid in finding and preparing data for proposals, project reports and publications.
- Assist team members with creating documentation, data dictionaries, presentations, publications, and technical reports disseminating project research.
- Provide GIS support to staff and student who use GIS in their work.
- Bachelor’s degree with some experience working on research projects or data analysis.
- At least 1 year of experience using GIS.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with ArcGISPro/ArcGIS.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized
- Intermediate-level Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills.
- Experience with SAS, R, Python or other statistical software.
- Experience with public health research.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend