Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Obesity and Health Promotion
Job no: 495211
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Arts & Sciences
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Center for Weight, Eating and Lifestyle Science (WELL Center; drexel.edu/wellcenter) is currently recruiting for a Obesity and Health Postdoctoral Research Fellow under the supervision of Meghan Butryn, Ph.D and Evan Forman, PhD.
The research position offers ample opportunities for training in manuscript writing, grant writing, the use of innovative technology and methodology, and leadership roles. Considerable attention also will be devoted to developing the fellow’s line of research, with pilot study funding available. Responsibilities include providing mentorship to research coordinators and undergraduate and graduate students; developing materials for interventions in the areas of obesity, physical activity promotion, and dietary change; conducting statistical analyses; and writing scientific manuscripts. It also is expected that between 20-50% of the fellow’s time will be devoted to clinical tasks, providing intervention as part of clinical trials in the areas of adult obesity prevention, obesity treatment, or lifestyle modification for cancer survivors. As a result of fellowship activities, training, and mentorship, fellows will be highly competitive for the NIH Loan Repayment Program and for NIH training grants (e.g., K23s).
The ideal candidate will have a doctorate in clinical psychology and have behavioral weight loss treatment experience. A strong background in statistical analysis and excellent writing skills are required.
- Overseeing research coordinators, undergraduate and graduate students
- Monitoring study protocols
- Assisting in the development of a treatment protocols
- Providing training to graduate students
- Assisting with development and iteration of the technologies, methodologies and algorithmic functions of the research projects
- Data processing and analysis
- Conducting statistical analyses
- Developing follow-up designs and grant proposals
- Writing scientific manuscripts
- Clinical service and/or supervision of clinical service
- Conducting assessments of potential participants
- Leading treatment groups
- Conducting outpatient treatment for adults with eating and weight disorders
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or related field
- A strong training background in behavioral treatments for obesity or closely related areas of health psychology/behavioral medicine
- Good statistical skills
- Good writing skills (e.g. publications)
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend